How to fix H101, H202, H303 or H505 and other Multi User setup problems in QuickBooks?
Problem with multiuser hosting setup
Check hosting and services
Well, its lit bit difficult for a common user to handle the multiuser account in QuickBooks as it can stop working sometimes. We are discussing the same issues over here with some solution with instructions and steps which the users have to follow to resolve the issue. In case they failed to do so then there is one more option to resolve the issue through QuickBooks Helpline number +1-855-861-4161 where our skilled and certified technicians will assist them in resolving the issue within a short span of time.
The users have to keep it in mind that in a multi-user environment, hosting should only be enabled on the hosting computer (server).
First of all the users have to verify hosting
- On each workstation (not the server or hosting computer), open QuickBooks and choose File > Utilities.
- If the users see Host Multi-User Access on the list, then this computer is not hosting the company file and they can go to the next computer.
Note: Don’t change anything if they see Host Multi User Access at their workstation.
- If they see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, select that option.
- After that they have to repeat steps 1-3 on each computer.
Verify QuickBooks services
If the users are working with QuickBooks Desktop in a multi-user mode, then the users have to ensure it that the QuickBooks services (QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService) need to be running on the server computer.
- First of all the users have to press the Windows key + Rto bring up the run box.
- Type mscand press Enter.
- In the services window, scroll down and look for the QuickBooksDBXX service.
Note:XX represents the year of QuickBooks Desktop the users are troubleshooting.
If the users do not see the QuickBooksDBXX service:
Now the users are required to double-click the QuickBooksDBXX service and they have to make it sure that the Startup Type is set to be Automatic and service status should be Running mode or in the Started mode.
- Click the Recovery
- Click the drop-down menu for First failureand select Restart the Service. This will automatically restart the QuickBooksDB service if it fails. The users have to do the same for Second failure and Subsequent failures.
- Now the users are required to click on OK to save the changes.
- Now the users have to repeat steps 1-6 above for the QBCFMonitorService.
- In the final step the users are required to Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode on each affected workstation and if the issue still persists then they can try to make it sure that the QuickBooksDBXX service should be a member of the administrator group and has the appropriate permissions.
As we have discussed and provided the solution for the issue which users are facing while dealing with QuickBooks multiuser mode. The users are required to follow the provided instructions strictly and if they failed to do so then no need to worry as we have another option to resolve the issue through QuickBooks customer care +1-855-861-4161 where our skilled and certified technicians will assist them in resolving the issue.